Questions to ask
There are many drug and alcohol addiction treatment and rehab facilities across Canada. Although they share the same intent – to help people overcome their addictions to drugs and alcohol – the services they provide can be quite varied. Everyone has different needs when it comes to addiction recovery. This list of questions is designed to help you determine what kind of facility is right for you.
Questions about you
These questions can help you determine whether you are a candidate for inpatient rehab, whether medical detox is needed, what kind of family therapy you might need, and other things.
- What substances are you addicted to?
- Have you been suffering from addiction for more than a year?
- Do you have any physical or mental health concerns?
- Do you have a history of relapse?
- Have you ever seen or experienced trauma?
- What impact has your addiction had on your family and relationships?
- What impact has your addiction had on your work and finances?
- Has your addiction ever resulted in criminal or legal proceedings against you?
- Is fear of withdrawal holding you back from quitting?
Questions about the facility
These questions will help you decide whether a particular addiction treatment and rehab program incorporates all of the elements that are right for you.
- Is medically supervised detox available?
- What individual and group therapy is available?
- Are there any treatment methods that are based on creativity, such as art or music therapy?
- How involved is the family in the addict’s recovery process?
- What continuing care programs are offered?
- For inpatient programs, what exercise/fitness facilities are available?
For more information about the best ways to select a drug and alcohol addiction treatment and rehab facility, call Toronto Addiction Centres today.